- Introduction to Addiction Studies – 12 & 13 September 2019
- Community Addiction Studies Course© – 10 weeks (one day a week), from 7 October 2019
- Understanding Harm Reduction (half-day) – 10am-1pm on 5 November 2019
- Drug Related Health Issues (half-day) – 2pm-5pm on 5 November 2019
- Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA) – 12 & 13 November 2019
We are currently taking applications for the Level 7 Diploma in Community Drug and Alcohol Work.
This comprehensive and professional course is run by Urrús in partnership with University College Dublin and intended to provide participants with a range of skills and knowledge both academic and practical which will enhance their effectiveness in responding to the complex issue of drug and alcohol misuse within a community environment. This one year intensive programme leading to a NFQ Level 7 Diploma awarded by National University of Ireland, University College Dublin, is based on community development principles and uses adult learning approaches in its delivery. The programme is accepted as part fulfilment of the educational requirements for membership of Addiction Counsellors of Ireland and offers a progression pathway to B.Soc Science with UCD.
Urrús training: –
- Working with Alcohol Misuse – 15th February 2019
- Keyworking and Care Planning – 7th & 8th March 2019.
- Performance and Image Enhancing Drugs (½ day) – 29th March 2019
- Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA) – 4th & 5th April 2019
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – 11th & 12th April 2019
We have extended the closing date for applications for the Level 7 Diploma in Community Drug and Alcohol Work 2018-2019. Closing date for completed applications is now 25th May 2018.
Click here for details about the programme and application information.